Sunday, June 8, 2008

God is a Promiser....


Pastor MacDonald finished his series entitled "Always True" today.

Here are the five promises that we studied:

1. I Will Not Fear....God is Always with Me - Deuteronomy 31:6;

2. I Will Not Doubt.....God is Always in Control - Proverbs 3:5-6;

3. I Will Not Despair.....God is Always Good - Romans 8:28;

4. I Will Not Falter....God is Always Watching - 1 Corinthians 10:13; and

5. I will Not Fail....God is Always Victorious - Isaiah 54:17.

One of the best lines from Pastor's serman this morning was:

"I have read the end of The Book....and guess what?

God Wins!"

In this world ruled by broken promises...sleep comfortably in the knowing that God promises and he NEVER goes back on his promises.

Never.

Ever.

His Treasure.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seriously? You believe in this B.S??

Susan's Snippets said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Susan's Snippets said...

Dear Anonymous - Thank you for your comment.

Yes, seriously I do believe in this B.S. - Bible Scripture.

Thank you for asking.

anonymous unmasking?

Anonymous said...

hahahahaha bible scripture. try bullshit. Seriously, you realize its a story. its written by some PERSON, YES a human being like you and me, wayyyyyyyyy back when which means he could write whatever he felt and it wasn't some so called "GOD" so your basically just following some random persons way of life that doesnt mean that its the right way. Also, have you watched time go by or are you oblivious to the changes going on? Its a completely different day and age meaning that morals are different. I'm so glad i don't follow this crap.

Susan's Snippets said...

Anonymous - I recognize that I am not going to convince you to believe in what I and MILLIONS of other Christians believe...so I will sum it up like this.....

At the end of the day, if the worse thing that happens is that I lived a life putting forth my best effort to be a kind person - serve my family, my country and contribute positively to society as the Bible teaches and on the other side there is NO God and NO heaven - how horrible would that have been?

either way - we all win