Thursday, April 10, 2008

What if......

when you were little, you were able to take your God-given-born-with-creative-talents and run with them - just who you would be today?

If life’s fussiness didn’t get in your way?

You certainly have been asked “What do you want to be when you grow up?” What would your answer have been....that long, long time ago?

I know I always said wholeheartedly “A teacher!” If pushed I would say specifically that I wanted to teach elementary school kids – 3rd graders would have been my grade of choice.

I also loved to write – long, silly stories and poems. I have just this year (#49) re-discovered my desire to write – still silly at times - but always a nice outlet for the girl born with some level of creative talent – that sat silenced for years.

So I say to those inner little boys or girls and their creative talents – that were shushed over time – be still and listen - then write, sing, teach, paint, draw.....just create!

don’t wait

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I always wanted to be a veterinarian or an interior decorator. I love animals and being creative. Our dogs bring much happiness and laughter into our lives. I also have a strong desire to help (rescue) any dog in need.

I am able to nurture my "creative side" with my love of gardening and creating a comfortable home.

My new-found hobby is mosaics and I'm slowly becoming a "mosaic maniac". I've become obsessed with creating garden accessories!

Being creative and nurturing is great therapy for me and brings peace in my life.

I thank God for these gifts every day!!